Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time.
Lieutenant Governor’s Message
Welcome to our 2021-2022 Kiwanis Year! My name is Char Grinolds and I have the honor of being your Lieutenant Governor for this year. I have been a member of the Kiwanis Club of Kent AM for 12 years.
Starting this year our Division will be known as the Green River Area, we will no longer be Division 32. This change came about as people didn’t know where the different Divisions were located, so going forward each division will have a name descriptive of their location.
My theme this year is “Just one more, one step at a time”. My hope is that each club will prioritize what they need to do to strengthen their club and do it one step at a time. I want every club to be successful and celebrate each step that is completed. Remember our purpose and our commitment to “Serving the Children of the World” because #KidsNeedKiwanis.
Each club is different and we encourage you to check out each of our clubs and hope you will join the one that strikes a chord in your heart. We welcome everyone who is interested in serving our community. Give us a try and join one of the service projects to see us in action! All of our clubs do so many different service projects throughout the year and I hope that we can do more projects together as a division. If you have any great ideas that we can all do together please let me know.
Yours in service,
The Six Objects of Kiwanis
- To give Primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide Kiwanis Clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and good will.